The Institute will conduct press briefing and organize conferences and seminars to announce the findings of health inequities, build capacity of stakeholders and serve as a platform for experience sharing and networking.
Building capacity on social enterprise and business sector
CUHK Institute of Health Equity is the Thematic Partner to the Hong Kong Social Enterprise Challenge 2021-22. Dr Gary Chung, Postdoctoral Fellow of the Institute, delivered a talk at the inaugural ceremony. Researchers of IHE will provide training to project teams.
Raise public awareness
- Present the research findings of housing affordability effects on physical and mental health in Hong Kong.
- Illustrate the research findings on housing affordability effects on physical and mental health to the public through RTHK 精靈一點.
- Share the concept of health inequality in SOOO Radio 與生死 Say Hello.
Build capacity of stakeholders
- Deliver online talk to the public on social determinants of health inequality and COVID-19 in SDG Forum Series.
- Educate secondary school students on the concept of health equity in the Midsummer Salon of HKFYG Leadership Institute.
- Share the application on public health ethical framework to unpick discrimination in COVID-19 responses to the public in the COVID-19 Webinar Series.